Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So much for brains

Yahoo! News - 5-Year-Old Cuffed, Arrested in Florida

I have a problem with this story, and not for the reason you might think. Setting aside the obvious problem of failing to teach a child how to behave in public, the mother's response is totally off base. She claims her child was "set up". Wait a minute! So, if I heard her correctly, here is what the teacher was thinking, "Today I want to make sure my classroom gets into the news. How can I make it happen? I know! I'll play a game with the children, and use candy. When a child acts up, (and I know one will, I've been teaching long enough) I'll take away the candy. With luck, it will be the one kid who gets mad at the slightest provcation. Then, I'll make a phone call, to the cops. And, I'll mention that this child is a potential danger to self and others, so why not use plastic restraints?" Excuse me????!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but F. Lee Bailey would have a field day with this one. Malice of forethought would fall flat as Humpty Dumpty. Remember- All the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

No comments: